Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's Take A Break From The Finals And Enjoy Some Random YouTube Clips

My last 10 – count em’, 10 – posts have basically been playoff game recaps, so I figured I would change it up with a little random YouTube clip post. I probably wrote enough words yesterday to count for 2 regular posts anyway.

1st up is your prototypical YouTube clip: a video with a cat in it. What could be more cliché than that? Cat-hater that I am, I might be the least likely person to repost something like this, but the randomness and spontaneity of the clip had me dying. The “mash-up” of the crescendo of the song and the climax of the video is just too good to be true. As always in comedy, timing is everything.


Video number 2 will catch anyone’s eye that was a fan of the now extinct “a capella” singing competition show “The Sing Off.” That’s the winning group from season 3, Pentatonix, covering Gotye’s hit single “Somebody That I Used To Know.” I wasn’t really a fan of the original version to begin with, but after hearing PTX’s version, for me Gotye went from being “meh” to being complete dogs***.


Just so we don’t stray too far from the NBA Finals, here’s a clip of LeBron James and Kevin Durant working out together for a few days during this year’s NBA lockout. I know we saw hundreds of clips of NBA superstars playing in local summer league games during the lockout, but for some reason they didn’t produce the reaction for me that this clip did. It was like 2 universes were colliding, like Batman and Iron Man joined forces, or like Sting and the Undertaker were tag team partners…spooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment