Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ad Nauseum: Creepy Babies and State Farm is There

I’m getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, so if you don’t hear from me again I’m probably dead…if anyone has even died from a wisdom tooth extraction ever anyway. Ok, now I’m fighting the urge to Google has anyone ever died from getting a wisdom tooth pulled…good job, me.

In light of that, let’s have a double dose of Ad Nauseum today. 1st, what’s with these creepy looking TV commercial babies lately? Admittedly, I never paid babies much mind before, but I can say that since Krissy and I have had our 1st I take notice of them much more often now. I have never seen a real-life baby look like these babies before! Are they dolls? CGI? Are they wearing infant contact lenses? The worst part is that these spooky dead-eyed babies ruin (for me at least) 2 otherwise pretty funny commercials, by Samsung and Nissan, respectively.



2nd, I’m going to give some love to 2 not-so-new State Farm commercials that still tickle my funny bone. The 1st is their 1st installment of the “magic jingle” ads. Almost all of these induced at least some kind of chuckle from me, but the best part of this one in particular was obviously the line, “Can I get a hot tub?” Later on, Krissy and I became big fans of the NBC show “Revolution,” where a character on the show was played by non other than the can I get a hot tub guy. This of course caused us to blurt out in our best preacher-speaking-to-the-congregation voice, “Can I get a hot tub?” even in the most serious and heart-wrenching scenes of the show where he appeared. The 2nd State Farm ad here I found funny as well, but it didn’t truly catch on with me until “Bonjour” became somewhat of a catchphrase on “The Tony Kornheiser Show.” Bonjour, motherf***er!


No comments:

Post a Comment