Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ad Nauseum: Take a Look at My 15% or More

Old Spice and Geico have been pushing the weird quotient on their TV commercials for a while now, but they may have both set new personal bests in terms of weirdness with their latest respective ad campaigns.

For Old Spice, it started with their “Mom Song” commercial, a look into the world of mom-stalker tendencies when it comes to their sons’ dating habits. I actually saw the shortened version below 1st, and there’s something about the Asian lady’s voice that still cracks me up every time, which is why it gets the embed-treatment here (as opposed to the longer original version). What makes these commercials is how truly horrifying and grotesque the women that were picked to play these mothers are…my apologies ladies, but holy f***ing s***.


Geico’s commercials have been out there (no, I mean really out there) for long enough now that they teeter on the line between amusing and utterly annoying. I actually enjoy some of the did you know ads they have been running lately (“thus endeth the trick”), but I have to say these portrait ads I don’t get at all. Make it stop…please, make it stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment