Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Probably for the Best

I’ve heard someone say before that money doesn’t buy happiness, but it sure helps. Krissy and I often wonder how much money we would have saved if we could have hypothetically lived with our parents until our mid to late 20’s like her 2 older brothers. Well, after some consideration I feel that I might have saved some money, but for the most part I think I would have just blown most of it. On what? Well, for starters my car…I am 100% happy with my ’11 Tacoma, but I am actually happy that I don’t have enough disposable income to accessorize the hell out of it.

My semi-blank canvas.


To start with, I would probably add a lot a couple of things that the Tacoma TX-Pro has: the tube steps or running boards or whatever you want to call them and the black 16” beadlock wheels. (The stupid side graphics you can keep, Toyota.) Outside of those things, the TX-Pro is basically the same truck as my TRD…same BF Goodrich rugged trail tires, same TRD off-road tuned suspension, same everything. Still, someone in the neighborhood next to me must have gotten one recently, and I have to admit it’s pretty sharp.

Apparently "extreme" means rims and running boards.



Next would probably be a little suspension lift, a roll bar, a light bar, a skid plate…this ’07 monster doesn’t have all of those, but it definitely was a source of inspiration.


Whoa...

Pretty soon, my pickup would actually start to look like an entry into a Baja race…and I would have poured approximately a billion dollars into the accessories of this truck.


Would this even be street-legal?

Toyota is actually coming up with a “Baja” edition of the Tacoma due out in 2012. From what I can tell it basically looks like the current TRDs with maybe slightly beefier tires, and the hood and siding look trimmed to more reflect an actual Baja truck. Anyway, along with all the obvious reasons it’s probably for the best that I am married and have responsibilities and yada yada yada…if not, I would almost definitely be even more broke than I am now!

No comments:

Post a Comment