Friday, September 27, 2013

Ad Nauseum: Get Your A** Back to School

It’s been over 3 months since we’ve had an Ad Nauseum entry, so why not go slightly off the beaten path for its return? Ok, how about way off the beaten path?

99.9% of YouTube ads are so frustrating and infuriating that many times a part of you wants to close your browser before ever even getting to the video you want to see. When a YouTube ad makes you actually do a YouTube search of that YouTube ad, that’s when you know you’ve got something. This China, IL song did just that though.


There was a 2 year period where my friends Patrick, Mac, and I were all about Adult Swim’s ridiculous cartoon series Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Since I stopped watching that, I haven’t bothered to come back to the channel. This clip made me at least watch a minute or so of an episode online…a minute of my life that I quickly wished I could have back somehow, as the show seemed a little out there even for Adult Swim.

Still, I have to admit I’ve clicked replay on the “Get You’re A** Back to School” video at least a dozen times already…it’s just so good, girl! I don’t know what it is specifically that I like about it. The characters not-so-chiseled physiques and their not-so-on-point dance moves (spilling some kind of beverage out of their Solo cups) hit a little too close to home perhaps. And what the f*** are they doing with their stencils in China, IL, anyway? And the song…for f***’s sake, finish the song Adult Swim!

…so good, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment