Monday, May 5, 2014

2014 NBA Power Rankings, Playoff Edition (Volume 3): Round 2!

Phew, what a whirlwind of a day...and what whirlwind of a Round 1! Listen, I will still argue to the day I die that Round 1 should go back to a best of 5 format, but if you ever wanted to argue in favor of the current best of 7 format, 2014 would be Exhibit A...so good that now my last 3 posts have been NBA Power Rankings posts.

1. Miami Heat (PR=1)...I mean, they are the only remaining team to not even play a game since the last edition of the Rankings, so this top spot is pretty elementary.

2. San Antonio Spurs (PR=2)...I know the Mavs pushed them to 7 games, but I never even got the sense that the Spurs played poorly; the Mavs were just good!

3. Portland Trailblazers (PR=3)...Boring...a repeat of last week's top 3, but it's tough to put anyone else ahead of Portland right now.

4. Los Angeles Clippers (PR=4)...I can't f***ing wait for this Clips-Thunder series. Slight edge goes to LA because OKC's style of play plays right into the Clips' hands, but KD may average 45 a night too.

5. Oklahoma City Thunder (PR=4)...I'm not sure if they can stop CP3 or Griffin though, and as evidenced by the last series, Russell Westbrook is due for at least 2 games this series where he goes 10 for 28 with 6 TOs while Durant gets less than 20 shots.

6. Indiana Pacers (PR=12)...Oh yeah, almost forgot about the Eastern Conference! Although I think the Pacers will regain a little bit of footing in this series playing against a much better team that they also match up a little better against.

7. Washington Wizards (PR=8)...Dropping below Indy on gut feeling alone this week. Although I'd love to see them get to the Conference Finals.

8. Brooklyn Nets (PR=9)...If not for them having a couple old Celtics who still hate Miami and them beating Miami 4 straight this year, I'd have no interest in this series at all...but I'm saying there's a chance.

Doneski
Charlotte Bobcats
Chicago Bulls
Houston Rockets
Atlanta Hawks
Memphis Grizzlies
Golden State Warriors
Toronto Raptors
Dallas Mavericks

No comments:

Post a Comment