Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thank You, Dodge

For some reason, Dodge started changing the general look of all their vehicles a few years back. I’m not sure what the reason for the dramatic change was (too lazy to actually look it up), but I’m assuming that it was a last ditch attempt to drum up some interest by re-branding themselves as the economy collapsed and the car market began to sink. Anyway, I might be in the minority in this, but most of the vehicles in this new lineup were a little too, I don’t know, “boxy.” Without getting into the actual nuts and bolts of each car, boxy cars just aren’t aesthetically pleasing to me. For example, I despise cars like the Honda Fit or that boxy-looking Scion SUV. Now, in all actuality Dodge’s new look has produced some really nice vehicles, but sometimes I just can’t help but think that a lot of them look like giant Lego cars. Unfortunately, Dodge felt the need to apply the same Lego/Transformers look to the already existing Dakota and Durango as well…which seemed even stranger because except for some minor tweaks the Ram’s look has been left pretty much unchanged throughout all this…thank you for that at least, Dodge. Check out the 2nd generation Durango here.



Thankfully, it appears Dodge may have come to its senses with at least 1 of its vehicles for its 2011 lineup: the Durango. After a 2 year Durango production hiatus, the SUV has returned to Dodge’s lineup. It’s ditched the boxier look, but while this edition somewhat reverts back to the 1st generation’s style, the 2011 version has more of a sporty look. I have yet to see 1 in person, so I’m not sure if I’m the best person to dissect it, but the 2011 Durango looks like it travels a little bit lower than past versions. It still looks like it has some beef to it, but it almost looks like a crossover on steroids to me. Anyway, like I said I haven’t actually seen 1 on the road yet, but from I’ve seen in pictures and in commercials on TV Dodge gets an A in my book, and it definitely adds 1 more vehicle to my radar when the time actually comes for me to upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment