Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pre-Weekend Update: Nike Hyperdunks And Blake Griffin

So, remember that post from a couple of weeks ago where I whined about the criminally expensive pricetag on the new Nike Hyperdunks? Yea well, as of this weekend I am the proud owner of my own pair...not the ones equipped with the "Nike +" technology, no. But yes, I have a pair of thanks to a certain shoe fairy that will remain nameless. They didn't have the black and blue ones from the TV ad without the "+" included, so I opted for the Michigan Wolverine/Good Counsel Falcon/Vernon Viking color combo.

As Daniel Tosh would say, "Some sick kicks for the ladies."

Also, Yahoo is reporting that Blake Griffin is leaving USA Basketball camp to go back to LA because of an apparent left knee injury that he sustained during a scrimmage. It doesn't appear to be some kind of catastrophic injury, but it was apparently significant enough to fly BG out of Las Vegas, where the Olympic team presumably has their own doctors there anyway. This was the same knee that Griffin tweaked during the playoffs (and I think the same knee he had surgery on before he played a single game in his NBA career)...cripes. It was just this Tuesday that I did a post exclusively of Griffin dunk videos because I had nothing good to write about. Now, it looks like the Clipper curse (and the curse of people that I get jerseys of) continues. Did I mention that Griffin just signed a mega contract extension of 5 years and $95 mil yesterday? F***!

1 comment: