Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 2 Of The MFL: Worst...Week...Ever

In terms of my football viewing experience, it was not a good weekend for your resident B-Court All-Star. I knew it was going to be tough sledding for my fantasy team this week: Marshall going into Green Bay, Stafford travelling to San Francisco, Murray on the road in Seattle, Greene heading into Pittsburgh, and Maclin playing against a tough Ravens’ D. But I didn’t know I had this in store for me.

Oscar's sunglasses are hiding his tears.

That’s my team on the left, and that is the worst 1 week fantasy output I’ve had in 7 years of doing this. It was so bad that I wasn’t even angered by it. I was more astounded than anything else, like maybe how I would feel if I saw a meteor crash into my pickup truck or something. It was as if I was saying, “Look at how s***y my team did. Isn’t it incredible? Behold my steaming pile of s*** of a team!”

What was worse was that Krissy’s team put up a solid, respectable week, but she didn’t exactly have 3 people go off at once either, and yet her 2 highest scoring players of the week (Willis McGahee and Green Bay’s D) would have beaten me by 4 points all by themselves. I actually had a big game from Danny Amendola and a decent game from Jonathan Stewart on my bench, but my team was so bad that not even they would have gotten my team within 25 points of Krissy’s team.

In all honesty, I don’t think of my team that negatively. How can I when I nearly paced the whole league in scoring the week before? Like I said in the days leading up to this past weekend, I was none too fond of most of my matchups, and it just seemed to create the perfect storm. I only had 1 player (Stafford) even hit double digits, and I had 2 goose-eggs, including Antonio Gates, who I swear was listed as likely to play until about 5 minutes before the San Diego game kicked off…f***ing cripes.

Seriously? I didn't wait all these years to get you for you to be wearing a headset on the sideline.

Anyway, this week’s already in my rearview. Time to move on to the next, and this week it looks like the NFL schedule will provide me with a little bit more relief…maybe…hopefully…if I’m lucky. Ahhh fantasy football: making me feel bad about myself since 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment